Incisive. Creative. Reliable.
Objective: Creating logos, graphic identities and online/offline marketing materials to help clients build their brand, strengthen market positions and communicate effectively with target audiences. My friendly, down-to-earth approach was developed over 20 years working in marketing communications.
HatchHaus Design, Boston, MA
Principal & Freelance Graphic Designer (2007 – present)
As a freelance graphic design professional I’m offering fresh, creative and on-target design concepts and execution for brand identity, marketing materials and online efforts. Covering all aspects of delivering responsive design solutions:
Strategic design approach; On-target design concept options; Timely design execution; Project management, pre-press communication, production coordination and delivery.
Qualities and talents
- Proven design skills and technical production abilities
- Results-oriented: designs for specific marketing needs
- Well organized, thorough and detail-oriented
- Able to listen and communicate effectively
- Flexible and responsive
- Fun, friendly, easy to work with
- Team player
- Bilingual: Fluent in German and English
- Very knowledgeable of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Experienced with Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word, Power Point and other business software
- Pre-press expertise, coordinating production with printers
- Basic knowledge of WordPress and HTML5
IDEXX Laboratories Inc., Westbrook, ME
Lead Graphic Designer (2002 – 2006)
Provided design leadership, brand enhancement guidance and
direction for marketing materials supporting a major product division.
- Developed creative concepts and executed design
- Presented design concepts to project teams and internal clients
- Managed photo shoots (organizing, scheduling, hiring models and photographers)
- Attended/supported trade shows in the US and Europe
- Provided design leadership and training at the European Headquarters
- Created and preserved graphic brand identities, establishing new brand guidelines and asset-management systems
- Coordinated variable data direct mail campaigns
- Led the design team in ISO 9000 Quality Certification efforts
IDEXX Laboratories Inc., Westbrook, ME
Technical Graphic Designer (1996 –2002)
- Conceptualized, designed and executed technical and marketing materials to support strategic goals
- Worked on design, layout and revisions of product inserts and labels, technical manuals, software releases and marketing materials for worldwide distribution
- Coordinated with Marketing Managers, Country Managers and translation firms for multi-language materials
- Managed production, preflight and archiving of design files
- Assisted in hiring and training of new Technical Designer
ImageSet Design, Inc., Portland, ME
Color Separator & Production Artist (1988 – 1996)
Prepress operator and team leader for the Color Department. Full project management, customer service, billing, selling ImageSet’s services and hiring personnel. Built vital link between color group, design and prepress departments.
Handled Senior Designer’s production, layout and marketing projects. Hired outside resources and prepared electronic files for prepress and printing.
IDEXX Annual Report 2010 – Bronze winner of the League of American
Communications Professionals (LACP) International Vision Award Competition.
IDEXX Annual Reports 2004, 2003 and 2002 – All placed top 15% at the
LACP International Vision Award.
IDEXX Investor Relations Website – Best in Biotechnology winner of the
Web Marketing Association’s Interactive Investor Relations award competition.
IDEXX 2X Award recognition of outstanding contributions
• Practice Developer Program (team)
• 2001 Annual Report / Proxy Development Core Team (individual)
InDesign User Group, Boston – Steering Committee Member
St. Botolph Neighborhood Association – Communications Volunteer